About the Clinic
Our newly constructed sensory integration clinic is located on the Border of East Vancouver and Burnaby, near the PNE.
In this comfortable setting, our clients can experience the full spectrum of occupational therapy. We pride ourselves on using evidence-based practice in a friendly and safe environment. We adhere to high ethical standards and best practices.
About our Therapists
Our therapists are all:
- In good standing with COTBC
- Registered with ACT BC on the RASP List
- SI trained with numerous additional courses and certifications
- Have mental health backgrounds
- Connect all aspects of challenges to set up an individualized tailored treatment program.
- Use a holistic treatment approach treating the whole child and their family to maximize learning and development.
- Have extensive experience providing intensive treatment for special needs children.
- Strive to continuous learning and experience with ongoing numerous continuing educations courses and credits.
About our Approach
Our goal in everything we do is to improve the quality of life for kids and their families. To accomplish this, we offer a wide range of therapy services to address four key areas:
- Early intervention services for children and their families. We strive to support a child in attaining milestones, addressing developmental concerns while their thoughts and behavior patterns are most flexible.
- We work closely with daycares, pre-schools and schools to provide strategies and support to help the child with positive and rewarding experiences. We encourage effective self-regulation, minimize disciplinary challenges ans classroom disruptions. We help to improve learning and relationships with peers.
- We offer full range of Autism spectrum services, helping children and their families to thrive, make the most of their abilities and minimize limitations. We are also working closely with the STEPS team to share services interdisciplinary if requested or recommended.
- We always work with the whole family, providing families with knowledge, strategies and support to manage their child’s needs as well as their own needs. All or therapists have parent training and are able to support the whole family. We also work closely with a parent coach and counselors to offer more support if necessary.
- We strive for education and knowledge and offer a variety of education workshops for teachers, professionals and parents.