Meike Vareschi, BScOT, SPD PRO Level2
WonderKids OT is owned and operated by Meike Vareschi, a specialist in Pediatric and Mental Health.
Meike was always drawn to working with children and connecting traditional occupational therapy work with mental health pediatric work. Since she received her BScOT degree in Germany in 1998, she has embarked on a rewarding career in occupational therapy, first in Germany and the United States and now in Canada. During her 11 years of practice in Canada, she has worked in several private pediatric OT clinics and also has been working in Mental Health for a little while at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Meike focuses on a strong sensory integration approach while supporting her clients in all areas of occupational performance. She has extensive experience working with Autism, ADHD, SPD, various chromosome disorders and development delays.
Meike is an effective, active and insightful listener and strongly believes in providing clinical services based on goals that are meaningful to the child and family. Her playful and fun style helps her develop a strong rapport with both children and families. She takes great satisfaction in empowering children to become more self-sufficient in both daily life and school activities.
Meike has a strong relationship with several community schools in the Lower Mainland. She provides assessment, consultations and workshops to teachers and parents and other professionals.
Meike’s professional education includes:
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding Advanced Workshop (CAN 2013)
- SPD PRO Level 2 certification: Intensive Mentorship Program. The Level 2 course, Hands-On Advanced Treatment (STAR Centre USA 2013)
- Intensive Mentorship Program with Lucy Jane Miller: Evaluation, Diagnostic and Treatment of Sensory Processing Disorder (STAR Centre USA 2012)
- Sequential Oral Sensory SOS Feeding Approach: Feeding Solutions (USA 2012)
- Integrated Listening System ILS certified (CA 2011)
- Handwriting courses with various programs and approaches (Germany and USA)
- Social skills development and emotion regulation (CA 2010)
- Autism and SPD conferences almost yearly
- Anxiety assessment and treatment (CA 2008, 2012)
- The Alert Program (CA 2006)
- Sensory Processing in Everyday Life, School Companion- Winnie Dunn, Victoria (CA 2005)
- MET Motivational Enhancement Therapy (Canada 2005)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming NLP (CA 2003)
- DBT Dialectic Behaviour Therapy (Canada 2006)
- DIR Floortime with Rosemary White (USA, 2003, 2012)
- Wilbarger Protocol (CA 2004)
- Understanding and Treating Sensory Defensiveness – Pat Wilbarger (CA 2007)
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment approaches in Paediatrics (Germany 1999)
- Bobath (Germany 1999)
- Sensory Integration Theory and Practise (Germany 1999)
- Neurophysiology brain functioning (Germany 1998)
- Yoga Instructor (Canada 2005)
- Personal Trainer (USA 1999)
Meike is married with two active, young children. She enjoys all kinds of athletics such as running, hiking, biking, and skiing. She is an avid reader, loves the great outdoors, and enjoys travelling abroad.