Sarah Fenrich, BSc, MOT, SPD PRO Level2
Sarah studied her career to become an occupational therapist in Germany. Prior to joining the WonderKids OT team in 2011, Sarah had her own private pediatric occupational therapy clinic in Merida, Mexico. Her passion has always been working with children and educating professionals. She has organized and participated in a number of International OT related conferences and workshops.
Sarah has extensive international training and working experience as an occupational therapist (Germany, Austria, USA, Mexico, Canada) and combines a Sensory Integration approach with all other areas of occupational performance. She has more than 9 years of experience working with individuals with Autism, AD(H)D, SPD, various chromosome disorders and other developmental delays.
Sarah lives together with her husband and young daughter in the Tricity and enjoys an active live style being outdoors, doing watersports, painting, dancing and traveling. Sarah is a fun and enthusiastic therapist who easily builds rapport with children and families. Her international experience help her understand the importance of seeing each family with their individual personal and cultural background and needs.
She offers treatment in English, Spanish and German.
Sarah is registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC) and with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT). She is also listed on the RASP list.
Sarah’s professional education includes:
- Integrated Listening System ILS certified (Mexico 2008, CA 2011)
- SPD PRO Level 2 certification: Intensive Mentorship Program. Jamie Schreckler: Hands-On Advanced Treatment (STAR Centre USA 2015)
- SPD PRO Level 1 certification: Intensive Mentorship Program with Lucy Jane Miller: Evaluation, Diagnostic and Treatment of Sensory Processing Disorder (STAR Centre USA 2009)
- Anxiety workshops and conferences by the Neufeld Institute (CA,2015-2016)
- ACT workshops: Cutting Edge Strategies to Improve Executive Function Skills (CA, 2016), “Thriving in Youth with ASD – What Does it Take?” (CA, 2016), DIR Floortime for professionals (CA, 2012), Social Discover and Discovering Social Strategies & Thinking about Teaching and Teaching Thinking (CA, 2012), Toilet Teaching (CA, 2012), Approaches to Sensory Eating Challenges (CA, 2011)
- Speaker at Rehabilitation congress, “Sensory Integration therapy” (Mexico, 2012)
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (CA,2012)
- International SPD Symposium, (USA, 2010)