Occupational Therapist Vancouver Job Posting – April 2023
Wonderkids Therapy for Children Ltd. (“WonderKids OT”), located at 2888 Franklin St., Vancouver, BC is looking for a permanent, full-time (30-40 hours per week, weekdays and weekends available, flexible hours), enthusiastic OT with a passion to work in pediatrics. We invite you to join our well-established and experienced team that provides a learning, growing community with ongoing support and training for all staff. If you want to work with children and adolescents with a strong focus of sensory integration, attachment based therapy and mental health support, this position is for you.
WonderKids OT offers a fun and engaging work environment with the possibility to make a real difference in the lives of children and their families. WonderKids is also part of a multi-disciplinary team “hub”(StepsBC) which offers opportunities to learn and grow together as a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum education is a Bachelor’s degree (Occupational Therapy/Therapist); however, a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy is preferred.
- Analyze clients’ capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews and formal assessments.
- Develop and implement treatment programs
- Evaluate treatment progress
- Maintain clinical and progress reports
- Prepare and deliver presentations at workshops
- Consult with teachers, parents, administrators and community agencies.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC)
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in pediatric occupational therapy
Other Skills, Qualifications and Memberships:
- Demonstrated ability to connect with children and their parents.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks.
- Licensed member of the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC)
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted April 27, 2023
About our Therapists
Our therapists are all:
- In good standing with COTBC
- Registered with ACT BC on the RASP List
- SI trained with numerous additional courses and certifications
- Have mental health backgrounds
- Connect all aspects of challenges to set up an individualized tailored treatment program.
- Use a holistic treatment approach treating the whole child and their family to maximize learning and development.
- Have extensive experience providing intensive treatment for special needs children.
- Strive to continuous learning and experience with ongoing numerous continuing educations courses and credits.
About our Approach
Our goal in everything we do is to improve the quality of life for kids and their families. To accomplish this, we offer a wide range of therapy services to address four key areas:
- Early intervention services for children and their families. We strive to support a child in attaining milestones, addressing developmental concerns while their thoughts and behavior patterns are most flexible.
- We work closely with daycares, pre-schools and schools to provide strategies and support to help the child with positive and rewarding experiences. We encourage effective self-regulation, minimize disciplinary challenges ans classroom disruptions. We help to improve learning and relationships with peers.
- We offer full range of Autism spectrum services, helping children and their families to thrive, make the most of their abilities and minimize limitations. We are also working closely with the STEPS team to share services interdisciplinary if requested or recommended.
- We always work with the whole family, providing families with knowledge, strategies and support to manage their child’s needs as well as their own needs. All or therapists have parent training and are able to support the whole family. We also work closely with a parent coach and counselors to offer more support if necessary.
- We strive for education and knowledge and offer a variety of education workshops for teachers, professionals and parents.