How can we help?
Our clients are children from birth to age 18 with learning, behavioural and developmental challenges ranging from mild to severe.
Sometimes parents wonder if there is something that they could do to help their “difficult child” do better at school and at home. Their child may concern teachers and parents because he or she has difficulty coping in school and at home, yet does not fall under the definition of a formal diagnosis. Or their child may have been diagnosed with a disorder by a clinical professional.
We see children with a diagnosis of:
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Autism (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD)
- Developmental Delay
- Learning Disabilities
- Written output disorder
It is common for several diagnoses to exhibit the same symptoms. For example, a child with Autism may share characteristics of a child with Developmental Coordination Disorder and Sensory Processing Disorder. At WonderKids OT, our training enables us to assess each child and develop an individualized treatment plan designed to address his or her unique needs and goals.
We see children who have difficulty with:
- Calming, self-soothing, and/or easily over-stimulated
- Poor sleep
- Poor or picky eating
- Grasping and manipulating small objects
- Clumsy, frequent falls
- Poor posture, such as slouching or slumping forward
- Touch or messy play
- Changes and transitions
- Sitting still
- Sensory seeking
- Social interactions
- Gross and fine motor delays
- Low self-esteem
- Sensory integration
- Visual perception
- Difficulty with sports and games requiring eye-hand-coordination
We work closely with the following professionals:
Speech and Language Therapists